FGV Global Scholarship interview

3:15 PM

I thought I would be late for this thing because of the massive jam in Jalan Ampang. But I managed to reach by 8.25am, which is still okay :) 

After registering, I saw beside a Malay in Daisy room <== lol her name is Sara from Nilai :) She is really nice :) 

Then we had our VCR (Verbal Critical Reasoning) exam first. Its confusing, i mean, there are only 3 answers : True, False, Cannot say. 
Honestly, trying to finish all 32 questions in 18 minutes isn't easy but I managed to finish it. But how accurate my answer is? That, I'm not too sure. Haha..
And then, NCR (Numerical Critical Reasoning). Haha. This is like a tembak session for me. 20 questions in 20 minutes, its all about statistics, big numbers and for some answers, there is a choice for 'Cannot say'. Its basically just basic mathematics, percentage, ratio, etc. but the hard part is when 
(1) you dont understand what the question wants;
(2) you dont understand how to calculate
(3) you dont know which answer to choose.

It seems easy on the surface but nope. I only managed to do until Question 15, but Sara did all, but she skipped some.
Idk. Its just confusing. When I thought I got the answers, and I looked back at the question module, I was wrong. So yeah, as usual, just choose the nearest answer. 

Then we had break time. Which is also morning tea time. The people in charge arranged us to groups by calling our names, we were grouped according to the 1 Msia concept haha And in my group, thrs only one Indian from the Permata Pintar school thingy ( :O ) , the only Chinese which is me, Nur Afiqah, forgothername, Ezaq and Ikmal. 

We went straight away into another room and there were 2 judges. The lady gave us 5 topics to choose from and we all decided on "Moving forward, is Internet marketing the best way in improving business?" 
Well, we had 15 minutes of discussion and 10 minutes for presentation. I think we did it abit too superficial, because the judges said that we were not into the details. Too general. Oh well :/
Then, we have individual interview. I volunteered to interview first. Blah blah blah, then they asked me abt why i chose international marketing, why i went to science stream but go for business, what do you think abt leadership, why do u consider urself as a leader?
I didn't get much questions compared to my fellow comrades. 
One of them got questioned really serious because she kept talking that she wanted to improve her village but she couldn't explain how. Poor her :/ 

Then, at the end of the session, the judges asked the indian and I a question which they said its a bit sensitive.

"Would you want to work in a malay community company for 10 years? In a place where all your fellow colleagus are malay and only a few are chinese?"

Its a bit of a critical question and we gotta be honest with that :) 
The entire group interview session lasted an hour, just abt time for lunch :) 
Then, Ezaq approached to me an told me that Haziq said hi. I'm like. Whodahell is haziq? Then, only i realized they are Ashraff's friends. 
Oh. Small world. Haha.
Then, I walked to KLCC then AvenueK together with Siew Kee. Some girl fron Puchong haha...
That's all for today ^^ 

You Might Also Like

0 comments