Asasi Pintar Ujian Saringan UKM Experiece :)

12:30 AM

So I received an sms that I got shortlisted to take the test in Pusat PermataPINTAR in UKM the other day and the ujian saringan was this morning :) I got the first batch which is at 8am. I did a lot of Google-ing about this ujian though, so I guess its my turn to share my experience for those who are gonna sit this test as well in the future ;)

When I reached the computer lab, we were required to show our ICs to the person in charge as they will do the registration. As I was lining up, I counted that each computer lab have 20 computers, and there were around 3 computer labs, if not mistaken.

So, everyone in the lab I sat started at 8.30am... except me. I was so unlucky to choose a computer that was lag and "internet disabled". Haha. Ehem. Well. So the person in charge let me used the teacher's computer to do the test, hence I started the exam around 9am.

The test consist of 15 modules and you are required to finish everything within 150 minutes. Each modules has around 30 questions, so the trick is to do it fast and accurate. You are not allowed to go back to the previous page to change your answers once you press the "next" button, so be cautious!

Anyway, I don't recall properly all the topics of the modules by sequence but here is the rough procedure:

1. I forgot the title but its all about constructing 2D patterns :) This is really simple, just follow the picture given and construct it back :) No thinking required.

2. Patterns : This module gets harder as you go. Just follow the pattern and its simple logic until you reach almost the end. I have completely no idea what's the answer for the last 3 questions because it doesn't really make any sense to me. /.\ gah.

3. Numerical memory test : The question will show you a set of numbers for a short period of time (around 3 seconds) and you have to memorize it and retype it. You're not allowed to type it while the numbers are displayed. This one get harder as you go, until the end, its 9 different numbers in random sequence, so be prepared.

4. Similarities : You gotta think out of the box for this one. Example : The question goes like this "Red, Yellow". State the similarities. Its a subjective question so you can type like, "rainbow colors, traffic light, selangor flag, warm colors". Some of them I remembered were, 'frogs,snake' , 'rice, bread' , 'love, hatred'...

5. Categorizing : Just pictures and you have to select pictures of each rows that you think should belong to a category. You have to think a bit deep for this one.

6. Symbols matching : Example: " ) " means 9. and a whole lot other symbols haha... Then there will be a bunch of symbols asking you to type the meaning of each symbols based on what they gave. Easy.

7. Memory test! again. This time its harder because it involves alphabets. You have to arranged the numbers AND alphabets in ascending order after the question is displayed for a short period of time. Gotta think fast for this one.

8. Pictures again. This time, there is a LOT of pictures and they'll ask you to select which pictures are animals and fruits. A lot of concentration required for this one.

9. Thesaurus : Haha, they give you words and then asked you to explain the meaning. Example of words I recalled : impervious, pencil, historical artefak, eloquent, etc. This one, pandai2 lah.

10. Comprehension: Its ethical questions, really :) Like, what should you do when you found a phone on the floor? But there are also, Biology related questions. Eg, What is metabolism process? What is greenhouse effect. How rain is formed? What is the negative effect of ICT? HOTS questions, hahahaha....

11. Symbols matching! This one I'm actually a bit blur, because the questions give you 2 symbols and another set of different symbols. Its a true or false questions and you have to choose whether its true/false that the 2 symbols are SIMILAR to the set of symbols. This one, I can't help much sorry ><

12. Arithmetic :) Simple maths like 2+3=5. Until you reached like the last 5 questions of the module, the maths is a bit confusing. It involves speed and money. Its what you learnt in Form 4 Physics but, I was so blank at that time because I was rushing time :?

13. Spot the missing part! This one, haha, pandai2 lah :)

14. I think I'm missing something. General knowledge is involved too like, whats the distance between the moon and the earth, inventor of the phone.

15. Okay, I definitely forgotten something and I can't recall it. Sorry peeps!
Note: You are not allowed to bring anything inside the lab, like calculator, pens, pencils and papers.

So I really hope I got this asasi pintar tho haha...
Ah well :)

You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. All the best!! I also sat for the ujian saringan and found it very hard.

    And kudos for sharing your experience, makes the life of future aspiring asasipintar students easier.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw I added the link of your blog to mine in a post about the exam hope you won't mind. And the result isn't out yet, so stay optimistic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. btw, sorry to make this troublesome for you, I'd updated my blog URL :) So it would be nice if you update it at your post as well! >< So sorry!

      Delete
  3. Thanks ! Yeah, I certainly don't mind :) I'm glad to be able to help the students who are going to face the same thing like me, so I thought, why not just share the experience? :)

    I will stay optimistic hehe... You too :) I hope you got AsasiPINTAR :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tiffany, I am Alicia, same age as you. Did you get asasi pintar? I got it and I hope you did too because we can be friends at asasi pintar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi alicia :) was there an interview after the test, or just the test alone?

      Delete
  5. Hey Alicia : Congrats! I didn't get it :( But I'm glad you did, I hope you will excel there and in your future too! ^^ Good luck and all the best <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if i didnt pass the requirements to attend asasi pintar. Do i have the opputurnity to be shortlisted for the iv? and i got 9As too

      Delete
  6. Thanks Tiffany,thanks for your information.Really helps me a lot.Haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Tiffany,thanks for your information.Really helps me a lot.Haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for taking your time to share this. When I received the message, I was positively sure that I would panic and wing it during the test, maybe even break a keyboard or two. Anyways, this bit of information curbed my nerves a lot. So, thank you and KEEP ROCKING.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does it have attire requirement for that day? I am getting a bit psyched for it actually..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does it have attire requirement for that day? I am getting a bit psyched for it actually..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tiffany! I'm having the test today and I'm so glad that before this i have found your blog, it really helps me a lot during the test! THX A LOT!!
    I wish to help the one who are selected to this test too so that they have enough preparation before facing it...so do you mind if I help to fill up the missing part up thr?
    13. cross out the missing part. This is the section which they will give u a picture exp: spectacles with missing bridge..so what you have to do is click at the bridge...This part is queit easy.
    14. matrix reasoning. It involves a series of figures with a discernible pattern, with one figure in the series left blank, you have to choose the correct figure. Concentration needed.
    15. Description of object. Exp: a place where we can put our clothes: wardrobe.
    I think that is all what I can share, good luck for those who are taking the test! Hope you all can get urself into ukm yay... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found that ur blog has been useful and informative for me in many ways. Thanks a lot for sharing the wide range of views regarding the level of difficulty for each and every modules. I have to express how impressed I am to see ur ability for memorizing the particular category for every module even in such a nerve-wrecking moment. Wishing the best for ur future undertakings, and I hope u can keep inspiring people with the wonderful lifetime experiences u've been through.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tiffany...I want to know,this test are in english?All the questions?Full english or we can choose either in malay or in english?Please reply... 😊 Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Tiffany, is this Asasi only for straight A student? I got 8a and 1b in add maths.... Do I have a chance of getting in? And btw only people who put Ukm as 1st choice in upu will be shortlisted?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, I would like to ask is it OK a to wear a collar tshirt and a long black pants?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think it's ok. it's just a test, anyway. not an interview :)

      Delete
  16. Hi Tiffany, thank you so much for sharing this, was really helpful! :) Anyway, this is more or less similar with the Ujian UKM2 test i took in form 3 for the PermataPintar programme haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can I know when will they announce the list of people who make it to the interview?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Tiffany, if i fail ukm 2, how to do? will i 100% go to my pilihan 2 or not? hope u can reply me as soon as possible, tq

    ReplyDelete
  19. If study AsasPintar UKM and want to continue bachelor degree in Electrical & Electronic in UKM, what is the cgpa need to be achieved in AsasPintar?

    ReplyDelete