A long wait to disappointment

8:22 PM

We are on our way back home from Kelantan now. Bro had his interview yesterday and he said it was okay, I hope he got the medic course though.

Anyway, UPU results was scheduled to be out today at 12pm, and the server was so slow I managed to check my results around 3pm. 
Mom was the one that kept refreshing the page continously until the screen appeared, "Tahniah! Anda berjaya ditawarkan Kejuruteraan Elektrikal di UNIMAP (Universiti Malaysia Perlis)."

Well, that's pretty fcked up. First, I didn't get matriculation. Then, UPU didn't even offer the course that I chose.
The courses I chose was:
1. Asasi Pertanian , UPM
2. Asasi PINTAR, UKM
3. Asasi Sains, some Penang Uni

And, I got Electrical Engineering, so out of the bound =.= 
Its pretty shocking that a 8A+s and 2As SPM student cannot get both matriculation and the course she wanted. And all I wanted is to study in local unis. 

Ashraff got the medic course he wanted in UIA, but he was hoping for UM. But both offered medic courses anyway.
Naz got what she wanted too. And she was posting all over FB about it.
So was KT. He got himself engineering.
And Hazim. He got architecture. 

Well, I guess I should be happy for my Malay friends? For getting the course they wanted without obtaining a SPM result as good as mine? 

Or should I just consider myself unlucky and I was destined to go this way?

Mom and Dad were pretty disappointed about this. They were hoping I would venture to pharmacy too. But their expectations was all crushed when we got the news that I didn't got matriculation. My bro got 1 less A+ and 1 B more than me, but he got matriculation and got the chance to be interviewed into unis like UM, USM and UKM for medic courses. 

Well, my last choice and also my worst scenario is going Form 6. 

Though it sucks that I cannot venture into pharmacy and work in the business line in the future with a pharmacy degree, and then open my own pharmacy or some sort, but luckily Dad and I went to UTAR open day at Hin Hua High School before.

I kinda forgot when's the enrollment date but I know that I'll be going to Kampar, Perak for Foundation of Arts. And I have to rush all the documents for admission. 
UTAR don't offer Pharmacy, sadly. 

On a happy note, I can study business in UTAR :) Though I might not be able to study in UTAR due to small, petty reasons I was told during the open day, its my only choice for now before I go for Form 6. 
But as I was thinking, business is a very common field and many people in the society has a business degree, at least. 
IF I graduated uni with a pharmacy degree in my hand, I can venture to the business line too, like beginning my career as a medical sales rep. 
Not bad, right? Both business and medical related.

But now, its just business. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments