Dad's birthday

11:47 PM

I had to admit, I don't really have much to update recently since I had been so caught up with university. I'm busy with studies and being caught up with 2NE1's bad news recently about Minzy leaving... There was a point during my absence on blog where Adeline nearly thought we were gonna break up because I'm so caught up with everything but not much of her. I made a lot of mistakes in this relationship but we are not breaking up, okay?? :)

So anyway, the point of writing this post today is just a small update on my dad's birthday which was on the 23rd March. It's a bit late to update about this, I know, but it has been on my mind for some time now and since I kept some photos of the small gift I made for him, why not?

I know somewhere early this year something happened between my dad and I. I read plenty of articles of how to get back a good relationship with my own parents plus trying to understand my parents perspectives on things. It hasn't been smooth sailing - my dad and I- and knowing that my dad is facing mid life crisis plus the ego (you know what I mean) with a mix of my ego, we can't really get along for too long. But let's be real, our parents isn't growing any younger..

Back to the original course of this post, so it's my dad's birthday and I asked my parents out for dinner on a Wednesday. They came happily and I tried to sneak in my birthday card for him. As usual, since I'm young, I'm rather shy when it comes to giving gift. Like, if I were given the chance, I would 1000% hide the gift or put the gifts on somewhere obvious when they aren't around or taking note. I wasn't as ninja as I was last time, but nevertheless my dad saw the card only when it was about time we part ways home.

So we went to have dinner at Thai Thai in Subway Pyramid, the food was excellent. And by excellent, for someone who had never ate real, authentic Thailand food from the land itself, I'm only judging the taste from my Malaysia tastebuds and my parents experience with Thai food. But the service is terrible. The waiters doesn't understand English or Bahasa Malaysia, so it was a little struggle when it comes to ordering food.. And the waiter that was serving us forgotten the dessert, which is okay to me because everyone make mistakes let's be real here. Also, the waiters were downright rude, as quoted by Macy, "so rude like we kill his/her mother' 😂😅 *Disclaimer: Please don't find me okay? I did not imply that we killed anyone's mother. Mothers, as naggy as they are, they are one of the greatest roles in human mankind.

I paid for dinner and we went to walk around the mall. My parents aren't the types that enjoys walking around window shopping, they don't go into stores unless it really REALLY interest them. I remembered we also spent some time checking out the newly launched S7 and S7 Edge. And that's about it for the birthday dinner.

It was when my parents stopped in front of Sun U residence and saw the black birthday card. Hehe.... My dad was speechless for a while, and he said thank you afterwards and told me to not overuse the phrase,"do whatever as long as you're happy".
I'm not sure what he was implying.... But....

That's about it for this post. I'll update more about anything when there are total free time with me :)

Pyong pyong!!!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. OMG your dad's quote legit made me tear up!! :') I feel that he is showing signs of acceptance. Anyways, happy belated birthday to your dad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ML! !!Heh...it always gave me hope that he would accept one day, but according to my mom, it ain't happening. So I'm just gonna keep hoping :)

      Delete