Perth Trip 2016: At the Land Down Under

6:07 PM

Perth is the first overseas trip with my family together. The plan didnt come around until last year my aunt, who had migrated there for almost 10 years already, invited us to celebrate CNY with her. So, the planning begin and mom booked the air tickets. 
The 7 days 6 nights trip begins when we took off on Friday night. We touched down in Perth Airport around 5-6am, it was really early in the morning but the sky was already bright like the sky of 8am in Malaysia. 


Breaking dawn.
Aunt was already there to fetch us and we went to Dome cafe/restaurant for our first breakfast. I'm not exactly a big fan of meat, but heck, their breakfast set was huge! The bacon is nice too. And the chocolate drink, it wasnt as sweet like in most cafes in Malaysia. It has a slight bitter aftertaste too, which is nice.


Dome restaurant near Perth Airport and Cockburn Gateway

First day: We went to Fremantle market and thats where I got some of the souvenirs. There was a lot of food choices, ranging from Korean to Mexican. There were all types of booths selling variant of things. Though my aunt did mentioned that the souvenirs sold there are considered not the cheapest yet, but its a great place to have a look out on what you want to buy. There was a few street performance too, its rather nice photography chance if one is not shy like me hahaha.

It was around 40 degrees, but it wasn't as hot cos' there was a cool breeze that's constantly blowing. But the sun was hella blazing, it's a must to wear sunglasses because your retina hurts a lot from the sun.
     

There was a Mexican store that sells really nice food :)

Then, we went to visit a few beaches like Point Peron, Fremantle beach, etc. I forgot the names, oh no. There was the Shipwreck Museum in Fremantle Beach too, the entrance was free and we took a few shots there. It was pretty fascinating looking at the history of those shipwreck and it really amuses me that people from the past are really daring to hop on ships and just explored the sea. Which sadly, not everyone survived. 

Then we went to visit the beach itself, it was beautiful. The sand was soft and warm, the water was clear and it isn't polluted at all. We had our dinner there, Kaili's Fish and Chips was amazing. Really! I had never eaten such a nice fish&chips before in my life haha. It's definitely a place I will visit again when I'm in Perth again.
Panorama shot of the beach, ft le bro

 

 

We saw the sunset in Mandurah beach too. Spot a couple there and I couldn't help to not think of bae :( It was underexposed a little too much, but I didnt edit it. I'll post in on Instagram another day.
       
The sunset there was beautiful. It was cloudless and being at the seashore, the wind was very cooling but freezing for me. However, everyone around me seems pretty chill with the strong wind. 



Second day: The Sunday market at Bannister Road was hot and humid. There were lots of booth selling cheap stuffs, some second - handed items, some are like garage sales. It wasn't noisy at all. We bought a few stuffs here and there, some grapes cos' it was nice. We didn't hang out for long cos' some of the booths were starting to close and according to my aunt, the market wasn't as busy as before anymore.
Then, we went to Cohunu Park to see some koalas! But, it wasn't as exciting because the koalas are 24 hours sleepy :( The caretaker said it was due to the hot weather, so she have to spray water on them to keep them cool. It was funny watching them getting sprayed tho hahahaha I didnt carry any koalas because it was expensive and my dad think the price isn't worth it. $30 for koala carrying. 

Koalas are so cute haha
They were other animals out and about for us to feed to touch. There were alpacas and llamas, donkeys, emu, ostrich, a few kangaroos, deers, etc. 
My aunt didnt follow us around since she came to the same park for at least 10 times she said. Anyway, here are a few photos I took:

We went to another beach later after lunch, but everyone was tired and we went home. We went night fishing after that, it was the same beach in Mandurah. It was my first time fishing and as usual, I was clumsy af. But I still managed to fish a yellowtail hehe. I broke my line 3 times too, which kinda demotivates me to fish. I feel like I'm wasting my aunt's fishing resources. The first time it broke was because my bro broke it when I asked him to help me hold the rod; the second time was because my dad tied a sinker that was too heavy for the string to hold on; the third time was because my dad threw it too far, the hook stuck on the seaweed and broke :( I was rather tired too, so I just decided to stop the fishing. My aunt and dad were pretty jakun about fishing, by the time we got back home, it was already 1am plus and I was feeling very tired already.

Third day: We went to Caversham Wildlife Park and it was 42 degrees!?! It was really hot looking at the animals there, but one thing for sure its a wayyyyy nicer park than the previous ones. We had lemonade Popsicles as we watched the farm show. They showed us how sheeps were ushered into a herd and taken out one by one to be shaved. Then, we went to see Wombat & Friends. Wombats are so huge and fat, their furs are rough too. And and, during the show, there also have owls for us to touch. They were beautiful! They were other dessert animals too and a few parrots.
   



 Do I look like I'm molesting the wombat? hahaha




Then, when we went to a vineyard after lunching in Red Rooster. We went to buy some grapes again and it was really crispy and sweet. We went home after that and rested for the night.

Fourth day: Woke up early to catch the bus to the train station and it was a rather hot day. We waited under the sun for around 20 minutes for the bus, which the bus driver was really friendly. He gave us a free ride cos we didnt have change. So, we reached the train station and went to Perth city. The city is smaller than KL for sure, with lesser skyscrapers but the huge difference is that Perth city is very clean. The air is not polluted and you dont feel like you cant breath all the time.





 We also went to Elizabeth Quay but it isnt as developed as planned yet. There wasn't anything much yet, but there were people hanging out and cycle around. We went night fishing again at night, cos my brother wanted to have the fishing feel again. I didnt broke any fishing lines this time but my aunt's reel broke. So she couldnt use it anymore. I offered mine to her and I modified a bit on her rod. While they were fishing, I played with the puffer fishes. I literally fished them out of water, play with them for a bit, throw them back into the water and repeat. They called it "blower" fish. Anyway, it would puffed up and no matter how hard you hit its tummy, it wont puff it out. And the skin wont break. Its that strong!

Fifth day: We woke up early again and set out to the Pinnacles. It was supposed to be 42 degrees, but because there was wind, it isnt that bad. From my aunt house to the Pinnacles, it takes 2 hours and a half. On the way there, we stopped by a few seashores and the roadside to take some photos. Oh yeah, we stopped by Lake Thetis and the science behind how it was formed and all was kinda confusing for me, but nevertheless, Mother Nature is beautiful. We have lunch at the Lobster Shack which they served grilled lobster and cold serve. But the day we went they only serve cold. First time having lobster and cold, it isnt as nice. A bit geli for me haha.

The Pinnacles was a really fascinating place as well. The pinnacles are actually not stones though it looks like it. There are several theories about how its formed, but its mostly evolved on the constant change of sand from hundred thousands of years ago till this day. I like the theory where these pinnacles are from huge trees and that the dessert was used to be a mysterious forest in the Ice Age time. Though I dont get the whole thing, but the small bits and pieces here and there is simple.








Sixth day: Home soon! We woke up later today and had dim sum together at Cockburn Central. The service isnt the best, the waiters are rude but the food is really nice. Some of the dim sums are better than those in Malaysia. Our flight was at 3pm, but it only took off at 4pm, so we reached Malaysia around 9pm :/ 

That's about it! Aunt invited us to go back to Perth again for next year CNY! I was hoping not tho hahaha, maybe if we go to somewhere else it would be better :) Japan, for example? heh




You Might Also Like

0 comments