The thing about giving up

1:06 AM

So I saw this photo on both Facebook and 9gag and I think its rather motivating.

You are probably frowning right now like, what?! But the title said 'Reasons people gave up' or something like that.

Exactly that is why its motivating. Because often I met people giving up simply because 'it was too hard for me'. They don't realize the real reason they actually gave up.

So, with this picture, reading through the reasons shown may bring you some deja vu. Some of the reasons are pretty obvious and some are just familiar to the happenings around you.

Personally, I find the reason 'thinking your problems are unique' quite relatable. Often I gave up over small, little things like homeworks just because I think my problems are 'unique'. For example, I suck terribly (no exaggeration) in maths, and I gave up on maths homeworks easily just because I have no maths genes in me. My problem is pretty unique, huh?

In reality, no. There are billions of people on planet Earth so no, okay. Your problems aint unique unless you are the first black president of America who have to suffer criticisms like 'Thanks Obama' or black racism complains because there is only one black president in America. Okay, so mot having maths gene sucks, because even going shopping with all the discounts hanging around the shops will not make you excited but confused with the actual price of the product you want to buy.

Its all about whether you want to do it or not. Just as the saying goes, 'if there is a will, there is a way'. I hated it when I asked people why they gave up on something and they told me, 'because I can't, okay?' I heard excuses like, 'Who cares anyway?' Or 'I'm tired and I want to sleep so all these shits are just a bother'.

Okay, maybe giving up on something you don't like to do, like homeworks can be acceptable in some ways because it stresses you up and all you want is to give up.

But in my opinion, that's kinda bullshit. Yeah, I know everyone has their own opinion but reading this is an opinion-based blog post. I may not have the best mentality or mindset or attitude in writing this sort of thing but its just what I thought of. I agree to be disagree :)

Anyway, I'm just a stupid girl who sucks in academic and books and I know that well. So, do I give up as a student? Do I waste my time, energy and money in college, hanging out with those rich kids that often gets on my nerves with their negative mindsets (I'm not saying ALL the rich kids, okay, please don't feel offended), etc. Many times I want to give up in college (well, life basically) but no, I got to be determine and fight back my weakness.

It takes lots of mental energy and control to do so, but why would I want to trouble myself so hard since I'm a talentless student in studies? Why did I stay up late till 2am during Fridays and weekends studying? 

The reason is simple:

Because I want to.

I want to get good results. I want to be better. I want to learn. To gain knowledge.

There are so many people the same age as me, who are smarter than me. There are many kids who are rich and expenses for failing subjects will not be a bother to them. These people are already a few steps ahead of me in life thanks to their fortunate environment. I'm not rich, but I'm not poor, which I'm grateful because it had trained me to make the besr out of everything with the limited resources. I'm not a smart kid. Not the type that can bury my head in stacks of books and papers.

Work for it. That's all I can say. You want to be good? You work. You don't give up just because 'its hard' or 'you dont understand my life' kind of excuses. You only wishes it was easy, nothing in life is easy. Even breathing is hard when you are constantly feeling like you are drowning. Yes, I dont understand your life at all because I had never walk in your shoes. But one thing for sure, giving up on something with some lame 'reasons' is just cheating yourself. You told yourself beautiful excuses as lies to make yourself feel better after giving up.

Of course there are certain circumstances or situation that left you no choice but to give up but that isn't the context right now.

Sometimes, the biggest decision we have to make in life is either to walk away or to not give up.

I probably had trailed off from my main point of this picture but that's fine. Before you sleep tonight, just give this a thought. Count how many things you have given up or want to give up. Was it because of the reasons stated above? If no, was it some excuses that was so lame, it didn't even deserve to be in this picture?

Quit thinking in your comfort zone or in that square box in your head. No one grows in a confined area or a static position.

Have a good night :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments