Made One of the Best Business Deal Ever... And Lost My Face too.

4:35 PM

Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I updated. I do have a few things in mind to update actually but I forgot. Those in mind includes my trip to Sekeping Serendah, Penang Trip with my Uni friends, and sending friends away at the airport.

But let me update this first because priorities, you know:

So it's the once a year school carnival again and mom has found a few sponsors to sell free products in exchange of coupon sales. This year she got Manner Monster & Mamee Hot Cup, Perfecto Popcorn, a few boxes of vegetable juice (sounds uek but taste okay). Possibly more in the near future. So anyway, my family isn't a big fan of popcorn so having one box of popcorn at home is gonna be a waste.

Hence, I decided to sell.

After some discussion with the bae on prices and packaging, with some help from my mom, the decision was selling RM4 per packet, cheaper than retail price of course. RM20 for 6 packets and include postage too.

Of course 6 packets for RM20 is not profitable to me, but my goal here is to clear that one box of popcorn. And so, I posted my adverts on Twitter, Snapchat, Carousell, and Facebook.

On Carousell, I sell random things from hair wax, to keychains, to novels. So there was the Shopaholic series that is pre loved but I decided to sell it at a cheap price of RM20 including postage.

This morning, a girl inbox me and told me she was interested. So we negotiated on a deal and boom!

RM15.

And we will be meeting up at a nearby KFC so it's a COD thing.

After we agreed with the timing and venue, suddenly the buyer asked,

"Do you know any cheap Chinese rice place that I can eat?"

Hahaha. So random, right?

False.

Bae said I gotta hike up my game.

And so, I sent a message:

"Speaking about food, are you interested in buying Perfecto Popcorn? I'm selling 3 packets for RM10 :) Two flavors: Chocolate and Vanilla."

With this message, I had officially lost all my face.
What is face anymore.

So random but yeah, I sent that shit.

GUESS WHAT.

SHE AGREED!!!

Like whaaaaat.

And so I happily packed everything, my popcorn and books, for her and drove out. My day was amazing! I just gotten the best business deal I had ever made first time in my life!!!

The buyer was late for 5 minutes or so. She was tall and has a cheerful smile greeting me. With great charisma, the first thing she said was,

"I'm sorry but I decided not to buy the popcorn anymore. My sister likes caramel flavor, not chocolate or vanilla."

Crash. Crack. Pierce. Slice.

What is face and image anymore...?

But I can't force her to take right...

So I smiled sheepishly and said it's okay and all. Took the RM15 and skittled away to my car.

And so today, I had the greatest business deal of all time and at the same time, lose all my face for deal, and not just that, the deal didn't worked out as great as it supposed to.

But still I'm happy cos you know, I made some money :) heh

It's not a lot but it's something 😆

You Might Also Like

0 comments