First Year First Sem Monash Uni

4:21 PM

Honestly, first sem in uni has been kinda tough because it was like, there was a lot of new stuffs thrown into you. The culture of lecturers, tutorial classes, coursemates... I don't know, even when I think back, it feels crazy. How did I even study everything in 12 weeks and volunteered as an event photographer for Monash editorial team and have a partner whom I'm really head over heels for??!


MUFY has been a great help, no doubt about that. I have no regrets for forcing myself to understand the concepts learnt in Econs and Accounts, seriously the foundation is very crucial in uni level. Economics requires a lot of writing and explanation on graphs that sometimes doesnt make sense even after you asked both your lecturer and tutor. Calculations for accounts is understandable but its the theory part that kills you. I regretted not studying more theories because I thought calculations are more important in accounting. Then again, without the theories, you wouldn't know how to do practical the best.

My brother considered business statistics as something simple because it involves with data and knowing which method to interpret each values, but someone who isn't good at calculations, it was a tad bit hard to grasp. 

And then there is management. Management wasn't as informative as I thought it would be. Its mostly about memorizing and studying about theories that work and doesnt work at the same time, it's not necessarily effective nor is it necessarily efficient. Much common sense is required in relating the concepts to real life examples. 

After this semester, I sent an email to Maybank to request a change in my major from Management to Banking&Finance and Marketing. They replied that they might change from Management to Banking & Finance OR Marketing. Oh god. 

Anyway, I got HDs for 3 units and a Distinction for Accounts. At first I was gaspppppppp results here dy. Then, I went ahhhhhhh in slight disappoinment. And then, I went ohhhh okay lah :)

Told my parents and they were really happy. Told my bae and she was really proud of me. 

Guess I'm happy with my results :) 


You Might Also Like

0 comments