New Events are New Experiences

12:14 AM

Yeap, new events creates new lessons, experiences and memories.

Recently, lots of things had gone through my mind and at the same time, I'm doing my best to cope with my surroundings. The people around me, basically.

1. You know what, people said you can actually understand what someone feels about you by the way they looked at you.

By practicing that and observing more about the people around me in college, I realized that I had been treating the wrong people with the right pieces of me. And I really regret that I'm only realizing it now.

2. Its true that you can't please everyone. In fact, by doing so will only make your life miserable because you are not being yourself. Some people already have their opinions the moment they met you at first sight, some developed it over time. Some of them will tell you straight in your face, not hiding whatsoever thoughts; some just keep it and bottled it in their heart.

3. To keep those poisoning thoughts of others, and then burst it out to another person can be damaging to one's self and others, especially to the victim. Because if you have these hatred thoughts about others, high chances it means that you aren't an emphathetic person after all. Your lips may be moving, pronouncing the sentence 'I was thinking from your shoes too', word by word, means absolutely nothing if your action and mind proved it otherwise.

Certainly we can't read minds, but we, of most sensitive people would do, is to try our best to read your actions. And your actions and speech on us to others had shown that you are a person of strong opinion of yourself.

4. Respecting other peoples' past, environment and experiences. Just because you weren't grown up that way, doesn't mean you have to comment on it. Don't judge. My parents brought me up the way they want. They cultured me love myself, be myself and ignore what others talk about me. But what I can't tolerate is when these 'others' talk about my parents. Yes, if I'm a disrecpectful child, the fault is on me. Don't gossip behind my back, saying my parents are weird for educating me like this and that, because by doing so, you had just crossed the line. There is a thin line in everything, so be careful with where you are stepping on.

5. Learn to shut up. I think this is pretty useful. If I know something and you asked me about it, I will most definitely teach you wholeheartedly. But if you begin to have jealous thoughts or stupid pop-ups in your mind that tingles your heart to think that I'm making you feeling stupid for asking the questions, you can always quietly ask Google.

The advancement of technology would go to waste if it wasn't used to ask questions from the front to the back of your mind. So, Google, digest, interpret. And if you still don't get it, only then you ask. This way, a constructive discussion can be stimulated and a productive outcome is rather satisfying. So, do your homework before drawing up questions that at the end of the day when they are answered, you wouldn't feel stupid about it.

6. No one should judge your interests and hobbies. These things are to satisfy you, make you into a more productive person or to cultivate you into a calm soul. These things are what you crave for after a long day of work or a week of hecticness. These things are what you won't feel tired of, even though you had been doing them for days, weeks, months or even years.

So, if someone judges you about your hobby or interest, ignore them. Fuck them. You don't need negative people in your life. These sort of people are going to pull you down, and without you realizing it, you will be soon obliging to their demands and at the end of the day, who is the loser?

You.

You do your hobbies and interests to make you happy, satisfied, good, but not to impress. There is a saying in chinese I kinda forgot the real words but it meant that, the things you loved doing like your hobby is your second job or part time job. And the things you want to strive for will be your first job, the one that you are willing to fight for it, sacrifice your sleep for it, get off that lazy chair on a Wednesday afternoon. If you wanna draw, you draw. So what if its ugly. No one said drawings have to be beautiful. If you liked dancing, dance. Dont waste your time bothering what others think of you, or how your fats are gonna jiggle when you dance because it doesnt matter. Dancing is an exercise, and if you did it long enough, you might even get slim! 

Look, I really hated it when people tell me that omg I wished I could draw or something like that. No. You DID NOT wished that you could draw, you wished that it was easy. And nothing is easy if you didn't put your passion in it. Don't go telling people you don't have a hobby, or a life. Its because you didn't want one, you choose to not have one and that's a problem. Do something productive, if you liked to scroll the Internet, read things that benefits, motivates and inspire you to get out there and do something. It can be as ridiculous as just going for a walk, or folding origamis, or gardening. ANYTHING. Find something that interest you that one day, when there is no electricity for your technology, you have no problem of staying alive. Because you have a nice hobby to keep you productive and feel alive. 

In other words, there will always be someone who wanted to pull you down because they have this heart of jealousy and its a nature for them to do so without them realizing. Its because they wanted to impress others. So, by dumbing down their peers, boast a little of themselves, give a little speech on the stage... at the end of the day, who is the loser?

Them.

So, thats about it. And good luck!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments