Leaving?

11:23 PM

To me, I think leaving is a harsh thing, but at the same time, I'm used to it already. Call me cold - blooded for thinking that I'm fine with leaving.


I mean, its your choice whether you want to leave or not. 

When I was just a little girl, I lost my first pet cat, Fifi. She passed away alone, in the rain because she was sick. She left us a week before she passed. 

And then, it goes on to the second cat, who was hit by a car. 
Then, talking about leaving, I left Penang at 11. Those were the times when you were starting to have great primary school friends. I left all my friends, and all I have with me are just memories.

That was the first time I felt that leaving is a really harsh thing to do, when all my friends wanted me to stay. Days in Chee Wen sucks and again, its all about leaving primary school and moving on to secondary school. I left the bullies, haters and worse of all, friends who were not like them. 

Secondary school was full of ups and downs. My favorite senior in St John left me. Library was all about favoritism. And I hated it because its all about having relations instead of having the capability. 

My parents "left" me at 15. And I tried to do the same. 

At 16, I left St John. I left my juniors, my colleagues, my team mates and my seniors. They asked me to stay but I didn't. I knew they were faking it and I'm tired of facing the jealousy that's happening behind my back. 

I left all the friends I knew previously in camps and activities. Some friends stay, some friends left.

I always told myself, that's life. People leave as they want and you have no control of it. 

Though I disliked the way things go among the people in library, I knew that its a great place for me to stay because there are people who appreciated me there. I didn't want to leave anymore. I'm done burning bridges just because of leaving.

Form 5 was over and I honestly thought that I won't be able to see my friends again. I felt like crap because its all about leaving again. Leaving the teachers, juniors, librarians, friends, classmates... the memories. 

Throughout high school, Mushu, Yuva, Doris, Tingkoo and Orka left. Because shit happens. I didn't want them to leave but they just have to. Just because shit happens.

National Service. Bonds were built and moments were shared. I had a great time despite the frustrating events that occurred everyday as the leader. And again, that day, when we left camp, everyone was in tears. I'm leaving camp. And at the same time, hopefully not, leaving friendships behind. 

Grandpa left. Another uncle left. Another aunt in hospital due to a tumor in her brain. Coco left. And the most recent, a distant uncle in Sarawak. Distant but close. 

I'm sorry you have to go. I'm sorry I didn't appreciate more when I should have.

Thank god I got a scholarship, at least I wouldn't have to leave my family for a long period of time. And my friends.

But time passed and people changed. Everyone got busy with their daily lifestyle, busy with their newly met friends, chasing trends, rushing works. 

Relations became distant and people start to leave one by one. Out of my life.

Studying in Sunway, taking up MUFY, the people I meet everyday and live with together daily... I don't want to leave anymore.

I'm sick and tired and I'm done with this. 

Let me live a life with people who wanted to stay with me.

I may sound selfish and self - centered. However, bear in mind that, if you ever need to leave, please go. 

The older I get, the more pain I felt when someone leave. So, just leave. 

I'm used to the pain anyway. If you ever leave, it will be just another pain I have to endure for a long time. But if you're gonna stay, please, stay. 

I kinda sound like a desperate loner but this is really what it is.

Don't you think its nice when you know there will always be someone whom will always stay and never leave. 

I know its impossible to stay forever but, don't you think its nice? To have someone who is willing to stay? That they will always spend some time with you everyday, just so that you are aware that they still stay in your life? 

I'm not talking about a boyfriend lol

It may sound like one, but honestly, it all sums up to real friends. 
It may sound like a lot of effort, but if you are willing and passion about it, there is no full stop in it. 

I can. 

But not everyone thinks like me, isn't it? Leaving doesn't go one way but both. If you noticed that someone close to you is slowly leaving, slowly becoming distant, take a step back and reflect. Think about it for some time without letting your emotions take over your thoughts.

You would've noticed that something had changed. And if you don't mind about it, continue whatever you're doing. 

If you mind, talk. Do something. One small gesture that signals the meaning of "stay" brings a lot.

Appreciate the people around you who are willing to stay, be it temporarily or long term, before they leave.

You Might Also Like

0 comments